Sunday, September 14, 2008

People Power

Important to tap People Power I finished the ROWE book... Why Work Sucks and How to Fix it by Cali Ressler & Jody Thompson The conclusion of the book about making change happen will take some additional study (as well as the core of the book, as I mentioned the other day). In other words, this is hard work! But what is the alternative? Status Quo? I hope not... More of the same is hardly ever the key to success. Colonel John Boyd talked of, "People, ideas, and hardware. In that order!" I started re-reading the book, Big Change at Best Buy, to get a better handle on change. But I digress... Every successful business turn around that I have studied could be oversimplified to this elementary statement: People Power Think of Apple when Steve Jobs returned as iCEO... It is Jim Collins' "The right people are your greatest asset" argument all over. Stuck? Ideas are a dime a dozen. Actually, Seth Godin points out a web site that will email you a new idea each and every day. Hardware is a generic term that means tools to implement ideas are necessary. But again, the key is people power. Why do companies send key people to workshops around the country? For the tax write off? Hardly. To spark them to greatness! Or so I tell myself every time I speak. Ask anyone that has attended one of my sessions, "What was the message?" You can make a difference And only you! If your mind is stuck in "wrong headed thinking" mode, give it a shake! Get to my session in Chicago on the 23rd (yes, this month: September!). You are going to hear about Boyd. And ROWE. And Lean Six Sigma as well as the Constraints Management Model. But mostly, you will hear about results Driven by People Power See you then. -ski P.S. There is still time to register. ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.linkedin.com/in/consultski Dover, OH | Hilton Head Island, SC | Las Vegas, NV Phone: (330) 432-3533 tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus