Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Classic that got Away

2006 Red Horse Corsair 250 vin# 616 Sundays are for Dreaming of Classics This is the 2006 Red Horse Corsair 250 (vin#616) that I had built for my Turismo Cycles dealership in the fall of 2005. I have shared photos of me on this bike at Sturgis. It is 100% perfect Based on the fourteen motorcycles that I have owned, my experiences working for Red Horse, plus my experiences working the parts counter of a metric dealership in Ft. Lauderdale and then my sales job for a Harley Davidson dealership in Northeast Ohio, this American custom Pro Street fat tired, Twin Cam powered steed is the best of the best. If you now own it, please drop me a line. I would love to hear of its latest adventures... During my tenure as Director of Manufacturing at Red Horse Motorworks, I watched more than 30 bikes roll out of Britt, Iowa. And my selection of the components for this bike was influenced by each and every one of this bike's predecessors. Here is the factory "build sheet" for this classic:
  • Corsair 250
  • Softail frame with 38 degree rake and 2" stretch
  • Harley TwinCam 88" Black & Chrome
  • Six speed Trik Shift Tranny; Right Hand Drive
  • Hydraulic Clutch; vRod Chrome hand controls
  • 18x3.5" Fat Front Tire
  • Blade Chrome; Weld Racing Wheels
  • Midwest Growler Drag Pipes
  • Midwest "Pro-One" like front forks
  • Electronic Speedo/Tach combo
  • Gel Touring seat
  • Midnight Black paint
  • Chrome rear fender struts
  • 6" Pull-back Drag handle bar
  • MSRP: $29,970
I still have visions of me cruising the boulevard on this ultimate street machine... -ski
blog comments powered by Disqus