Saturday, September 27, 2008

More Wally Bock

Wally Bock on Leadership Finally got around to it... Every Friday Wally sends me his latest leadership tip via email. Okay, sure, he sends it to a lot of people. I finally got around to reading it a few minutes ago. I make it a point to find time to read every one he sends. This one speaks to the heart of my approach in business. It was most excellent... Made to Stick, too As always. As a parent (of two or more kids), you learn this Law first hand. It is simply brilliant. And Wally sets it up nicely in his post. As I was speaking in Chicago earlier this week, I mentioned a few "common sense" practices that I use to produce results beyond all reasonable expectations. It is not always the flash of creative (and elaborate) insight that moves organizations to victory... sometimes, policies that are profound for their elementary nature are due the credit.
"Think about the Law of the Loaf the next time you're tempted to draft long, complex regulations or instructions to deal with an issue in your organization. Remember that the best rules are simple to understand, simple to follow, and use human nature as a self-regulating force." —Wally Bock
The key to more (and more) throughput for your business is simple: take advantage of human nature! Remember that what gets measured (and rewarded) gets done. -ski P.S. Need a keynote speaker for your next biz function? Give me a call. P.P.S. Sorry, USA only. P.P.P.S. Is your business under performing? I can help with that, too. ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.linkedin.com/in/consultski Dover, OH | Hilton Head Island, SC | Las Vegas, NV Phone: (330) 432-3533 tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus