Wednesday, September 16, 2009

#709 What the... its 4AM

Ever awake at 4AM? I awoke at 4AM ... again I have never been more excited about the future. And I haven't even checked my lottery ticket from last night yet! What gets you going in the morning? I ran across this great quote this morning from a hero:
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity." —Bruce Lee
Do you understand how profound that passage can be in your life? Seriously. Why do we immediately believe that "more" is the way to achieve more? If we can only squeeze more into our 24 hours than the next guy or gal... if we can only blast our way to the front of the pack. Sorry, but "more" ain't the key Want to buy a clue? Those that have been following this blog for any length of time have heard me say, "less is more". Honest. How do I know you may ask? Seriously, how could a guy that would rather be riding his vRod along A1A in Ft. Lauderdale know anything about business? Because business is also fun. When the privilege of combining the two present themselves (like this past July), I am all over it! I have been a master at time management for most of my life. By what standard? The only one that counts: me! Most would look at many of my decisions and call me a master procrastinator! Exactly. Napoleon was reported to have read his mail only once a month. Why? He explained that most of what others thought were urgent had solved themselves by time he learned of the given circumstance. Are circumstances driving your life? Need help? Free mentoring available for overworked (and underpaid) business owners. Apply here: ski@throughput.us Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey P.S. Maybe your boss needs the help? Forward him this post. (c)2009, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus