Wednesday, September 02, 2009

#705: Simple Man with credit to Skynyrd

Simple Man From Lynyrd Skynyrd's debut album in 1973 This morning as I left the house for my morning meeting with inspiration (and a hot cup of coffee), Skynyrd's Simple Man popped up on Pandora via my iPod touch. Most inspiring in its own right.
Oh, take your time, don't live too fast. Troubles will come and they will pass. Go find a woman and you'll find love. And don't forget, son, there is Someone up above.
Yep. Colour me inspired... and ready to charge the day. Amen! Ever been inspired by someone that you just don't see "eye to eye" with? Should you? I am on many days, like today. See, I bought a book yesterday. My wife and I support Goodwill Industries with both purchases and contributions, including the three bucks I spent on Donald Trump's, Think like a Billionaire. I figured that there must be at least $3 worth of insight in there somewhere! I am not a fan of Trump. But I respect his accomplishments. I loved the first season of "The Apprentice". I fell in love with Gene Simmons' talent in "The Celebrity Apprentice" and then vowed to never watch again after The Donald fell victim to some unknown force and refused to acknowledge Annie Duke as the true "Celebrity Apprentice" this past season. I expected Mark Burnett to weigh in and "make it right", but he did not. Or, perhaps, it was Mark that was pulling for the loser that was handed the title. I had to hit the mute every time that loud mouth and her daughter ranted (which was every moment the camera was pointed anywhere near them!). But I digress... So, this morning after hearing "Simple Man" on the way to my inspiration session, I started skimming Trump's book. In the introduction he tells that, "I had my own vision." He also talks much like Skynyrd's "Moma" where in the song she closes with, "Oh, be something you love and understand." Synergy Again. Where one plus one equals 27 or some such number beyond all reason. The Donald and Skynyrd? Life is definitely stranger than fiction! Good advice. From a rock band and The Donald. And SKI. Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey ski@throughput.us P.S. Speaking of Mark Burnett, I am very much entertained by his latest, Shark Tank! (c)2009, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus