Friday, February 23, 2007

Janis Joplin




Mercedes Benz
by Janis Joplin

Every few days, this song pops up on my iPod. What a talent. Among the many for which my wife and I disagree. She could wail like few (if any) others. Like on "Cry Baby" or "Piece of my Heart." Life goes on... for most of us.

Purple Curve Insight #6
You will know when you are on the purple curve.
Not sure? You are NOT on the purple curve.
Reread this book!

Of course that assumes that you already own the book. I can't imagine Janis wondering if she had talent. Do I ever doubt if I have talent? Rarely. Sure, like anyone that has been consulting in the business arena for over twenty years, I have had failures. Life happens.

I can only imagine the thrill that comes from singing to thousands of screaming fans. I know the thrill of delivering results beyond all expectations. I was listening to an IndustryWeek web cast the other day on production, and the speaker mentioned that in her 20+ years she has never seen any "silver bullets" for production.

How sad.

Eli Goldratt tells that his Theory of Constraints is nothing, if not a collection of silver bullets! I wrote my book to help introduce the world to some of those solutions. Some days, I wonder if I am making any progress. Then in comes an email of praise for some element of the book.

What a thrill.

Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah
www.ThroughputPress.com

P.S. Throughput Press is on that Purple Curve!

tag:
(c)Copyright 2007, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey.
All rights reserved.

blog comments powered by Disqus