Wednesday, August 13, 2008

IndustryWeek Biz Challenge

IndustryWeek Monthly Business Challenge Great idea; it just does not translate You do it. I do it. Your customers do it. Your suppliers do it. The "yea but"... as in, "Yea, I follow your example, but we are different." Having boldly made this announcement, now what? SKI's Dynamic 4^3 Process™ Take this month's IndustryWeek biz challenge (a generic "theoretical" problem) and the well intentioned response. First, is the challenge plausible? Sure. The response, appropriate? Sure. Now don't you feel better? Do you know know everything that you need to know to "win new business?" I didn't think so either Yes, your challenges are different. Yes, you may share many of the traits of the case study. But I would suggest that you mostly care about your challenge. Your goals. Maybe your challenge is what to do with all the sales you have now that you cannot ship! I guess you have to wait for next month's challenge? Or, you could investigate my "dynamic" process. Today. Maybe even pick up the phone and ask some pointed questions. Maybe search through my blogs for answers to the most pressing needs facing your business (or department or work group) today. Should I assume that every business leader has read (or heard) of Stephen Covey? Probably not. One "story" Covey tells of the lumber jack (an interesting profession that I experienced at age 16) ... oh yea, this lumberjack (not me) was the best of the best. The first day he cut twice as much as anyone else. The second day, not so much. Only an increase of 60%. The third day, his performance fell even more, to the point where he was more or less just "average". Have you guessed the problem? He failed to stop and sharpen his saw. I have repeatedly helped businesses double throughput in just 90 days. Yes, my Dynamic 4^3 Process™ is that good. And yes, I had clients not do so well. It is not up to me. It is up to them. It is up to you. -ski ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.linkedin.com/in/consultski Dover, OH | Hilton Head Island, SC | Las Vegas, NV Cell: +1 330.432.3533 tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus