Monday, November 10, 2008

Car Key Leadership

It's Monday Do you know where your car keys are? I use to have a terrible time finding my keys. I was speaking at an event once upon a time, and almost missed the whole show because I could not locate my car keys! My wife says, "Why don't you put your keys in that corner of the counter top? Always?" D'oh I hate not being the smartest person in the room. For all my accomplishments, my spouse has more organizational ability in her little finger than I have in my whole body. Just not my strong suit. Does that make it a big deal? No. Leadership is taking direction from those around you. When they have the better answer. When the subject is not your strong suit. When you are focused on more pressing issues. 99.999% of the time my car keys are in the same exact spot every morning. Brilliant? Yes. Beyond all reasonable thought. How so? I continue to preach the elimination of bad multitasking. My former days of searching for my keys wasted a lot of time and energy. Time better spent solving real problems. When one is searching for the mundane, flashes of insight might just get away. One of the reasons that eight years later, I still use my Sony® digital recorder. Leadership cannot be reduced to a set of habits. However, routines can remove obstacles that could be preventing more throughput in your personal and professional life. The race goes to the swift. Why jump hurdles when there is an obstruction-free path ahead? Focus requires time to think. Anything that limits one's time to think is therefore, bad. Today is a great day to apply some "Car Key Leadership"... and do let me know what breakthroughs you create with this simple tip. I really would like to know. -ski ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.throughput.us P.S. No, I am not suggesting everyone buy the recorder. I used a simple pad and pen for years. However, the results with the application of technology has been profound for me. Your mileage may vary. tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus