Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oracle Magazine makes Mistake

Guess I will never know... I hate when cost-counting penny pinchers take me for granted. The latest edition of Oracle Magazine arrives in my in basket today, so I quickly click the link to open the magazine. By the way, I got a nice email blast from Sybase today, with a link to a very poorly done (and poor quality) video link... I can hardly wait to get SKI TV fully funded. But I digress... The link to the magazine appears, with a pop-over offering me a $25 gift certificate at Amazon. Perfect! Until you click the link on the pop-over. Seems Oracle only cares about the first 300 people who take the time to complete a survey. All the others who take the time to respond appear to get nothing. How stupid. I have decided not to read this issue of Oracle Magazine. Wonder what their advertisers think of such short-sightedness? -ski P.S. I have always liked Sybase a lot better. We use to get a quote from Oracle to determine the hardware requirements for any RDBMS projects, then buy Sybase! Why? Sybase always tried to save pennies on the hardware specs, which made their solutions run too slow. Oracle understood that more memory and more spindles meant better performance. ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.throughput.us +1 330 432-3533 tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus