Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hippos

Most entertaining A classic for the kids (or those of us that love the song!)... Makes me think of my favorite joke. I have already admitted that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. It took me several YEARS to get the punchline. See how you fair: One unusually hot summer, many years ago (before Al Gore invented the internet), it was hot. Dang hot. So hot, that the animals in the jungle had no strength left to worry about their next meal. The lion was laying next to the lamb. Alligators were floating next to flocks of otherwise tasty birds, not even thinking about chomping into one. So hot, that two hippos had found the perfect spot in a backwater lagoon, and were submerged up to their eye balls and nostrils. Just standing and kind of half-floating in the water. In fact, they had remained that way for days. It was that hot. When, the one hippo looks over to the other, and says,
"I can't get it out of my head, this isn't Monday."
blog comments powered by Disqus