Saturday, December 05, 2009

742: If you are all alone, it ain't dancing

SKI: Mentor to the Entrepreneur Look at the image... What does it say to you? There are few things that I love more than business. Who was it that said that the "business" of America is business? That is a great line. It speaks to the point Here is what I see when I study the chart above: The business started out "taking on water" so to speak. So the owner jumps in and props it up. Great. Or, perhaps it is a startup and the owner starts to get some traction, so things get headed in the right direction. But if you have been shaving for any number of years, you know "stuff happens" whether you plan for it... or not. So you search the world over and find a mentor to help. Not only to bail water, but to offer insight that you could not gain without hundreds of hours of personal efforts. Hours you just don't have. Not and advance your business. What world changing adventure have you started? Need any help? No, not in the form of an employee or a manager or even a service provider. Yes, those are all important. But without inspiration from a distance, you might not ever make it through the challenges. Look around your community. The economy has never been better for the entrepreneur that knows who her Jeromes are, and how her good or service solves real (and significant) challenges for each and every Jerome on her list. I know. I hear you. You are saying, "Sure SKI, you tell a great story. But give me an example. Real life, down home on the farm, proof that you can help me." Great idea But first, let me set the stage. I trust you recall that King Solomon said, "Iron sharpens iron." One of my heroes and a mentor, comes to me one overcast day, and states that he is at the end of his rope. Not a great position of strength from which to launch that dream where you get to change the world. Or is it? It is not where you are today that determines your location tomorrow, it is the size of the dream within. But I digress. So there is my hero saying, "life is tough" and admitting that he is stuck. Not just in the mud, but stuck so deep that "in the natural" ruminations of man, there is no escape. So my hero says to me, "I believe you have my answer." This happened over twenty years ago and yet I remember it like it was yesterday. Well, long story, short: I did have his answer. What challenges are you facing? Need a little help? Start by downloading my "stock" response in the form of my one page explanation of my mentorship program, and then give me a call. As I mentioned, it ain't called dancing if you are alone. Semper Fi Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey www.throughput.us/contactSKI (c)2009, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus