Wednesday, December 02, 2009

#740 Prove it: Chinese Fortune Cookie Management

Prove it: Chinese Fortune Cookie Management You are capable, competent, creative, careful. Prove it.☺ Colour me amazed when I read this fortune the other day. It really hit me right between the eyes. Why? The better question might be why did someone create this exact expression? Especially for a something as light-hearted. This crazy fortune reminded me of that great Jessica Tandy line in the movie Nobody's Fool where she asks Paul Newman if he is not disappointed that he has not accomplished more with his God given talent? Paul first responds, "No!" But then he mutters to himself, "Maybe." That was me as I sat there in the mall food court. My mind raced to the economy and the simple fact that it has never been easier to prove one's ability. And yet, it has never been more difficult. Another one of those dichotomies my dad loved. Do you have any idea of the talent that is presently sitting the game out in the penalty box called "unemployment"? No, really. Stop and think about it for two minutes. Two whole minutes. Of course my mind then jumped to the lack of common sense in the world today. But I digress... Instead of surfing the net in search of the latest "juicy detail" of the Tiger and his golf club toting wife saga, use the "force" for good. Find someone (or something) to partner with (in the casual sense of the word, not a legal partnership) and "prove" your talents. If to no one else but yourself. I love that quote:
"The only person I have to impress, is me. —Reggie Jackson
I can assure you that when your head hits the pillow after a long day of soul-searching and applying the Golden Rule (and some common sense), peace comes fast. Sweet dreams.
Semper Fi Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey www.throughput.us/contactSKI (c)2009, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus