Wednesday, November 26, 2008

YART :: Yet Another Road Trip

SKI on Road Trips Into the heartland For a number of years (too many I would suggest), I made a lot of trips across Ohio's mid-section. But as the Prophet said, "Do not despise small beginnings." Today, I am happy. Happy that I made those treks. A few in a great road machine (once or twice serving as a great snow machine!) known as the Merkur XR4Ti. Black on black. Turbo charged. Sunroof. H rated Yokohomas (and at redline, every inch of the rating was necessary). Today, I make the trek in a car rated at 38mpg highway. My best trip to date brought "only" 36mpg. But I will not complain. Even at $1.69/gallon, less fuel consumption is better. Although the XRAT (as my friend Luke Short first tagged the XR4Ti, followed by Ohio's official plates) did get in the low 20s for miles per gallon. The "fun index" was off the chart when measured by the gallon of fuel consumed. I recall my brother suggesting one late night that I did not need to break the rear tires loose cornering on the back roads... (I disagree) but I digress. As I have mentioned before, I love road trips for the wealth building venue they provide. I will consume a number of podcasts and audio books as well as the best of Eric Clapton, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Dylan (to name a few). With my trusty digital recorder at the ready, let the adventure begin! Need focus? Take your own road trip. -ski P.S. Your mileage WILL vary! ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.throughput.us ski@throughput.us tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus