Monday, November 24, 2008

Kawasaki Nomad 1500

Kawasaki 1500 Nomad :: The Perfect Bagger Merry Christmas to us In 1976 (as I recall), we bought a Kawasaki 500 "triple" for two up riding. Do I need to mention that we were much younger then? But we had a blast. And no, we never went further than 100 miles from home. Well, I get this call from a guy that bought this Black 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad new, and starts the conversation: "Remember when you said you wanted first chance at the Nomad if I ever wanted to sell?" Yes. Very much so! "Today is your lucky day. If you are still interested." We had a bagger in 2006, but had to sell the Excelsior-Henderson Super X (against my better judgment). I refuse to ride "two up" on the vRod. It is not a bagger, IMNSHO, even though I see a fair amount of them with bags. This ultimate bagger now helps to round out my collection. Where is Al Gore and his global warming when you need it? Regardless, this should be perfect for the run to Daytona Beach Bike Week this spring. Now, I just need to find that perfect Buell. -ski
blog comments powered by Disqus