Saturday, May 24, 2008

twitter :: Is it Anything?




Dean Landsman asked first

"Are you using twitter?"

I had been seeing more and more references to twitter, so I decided to take the plunge. Now, after a couple of weeks, I have added it to my home page, and in a moment, to the mast head of this blog.

Why?

Simple: business gurus like Guy Kawasaki are posting thoughts to twitter that they may not share in any other medium. Why is that important? D'oh!

If you have followed my blog more than a few days, you know I preach a quote that has meant more to me than all the others combined:

"Five years from today, you will be the same
person that you are today, except for the
people that you meet and the books that
you read."
—Charlie 'Tremendous' Jones

Today, I would suggest a slight revision to Mr. Jones' quote: "... and the all the successful people you study."

Guy Kawasaki was seeking a quote from the new Indian Jones movie, and sure enough, someone (via twitter I believe), came up with the actual sound byte!

http://tinyurl.com/5enzp3

My gut reaction to the lesson in this clip: doing is just as important as thinking. No more important. No less important.

-ski

----
Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah
www.throughput.us
+1 330 432-3533

tag:
©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus