Friday, March 28, 2008

MBR :: Manifestation




Ed McCullough's MBR

Manifestation is a powerful word. Over a late supper (7pm is way late for me to eat the last meal of the day!) last night Ed shared a concept with me that I found simply amazing.

He had shared portions of the concept over the last few months, but when he announced the title, which I will simply encode as MBR for the moment, the mental image of the completed book raced through my mind. I remark, "That is brilliant."

To which Ed responded, "Maybe."

No, it is perfect. Too perfect to share at this time. I knew that I knew that it was the perfect title for the book. The contents of which would perfectly match the title. As I drove home, my biggest concern was how to prepare Thayer for yet another potentially low paying manuscript to edit!

Merriam-Webster hit the nail squarely on the head with this definition:

manifestation

2. Materialization: a public demonostration of power and purpose.

Ed shared his target (and his passion for this project) with me probably six months ago. Maybe longer. I watched from a distance as his efforts took root. Grew. And finally manifest into the perfect storm!

To think, we met by chance (or was it?) at Toastmasters. Fast Tackers (club# 7199) on Hilton Head Island, SC in 1998. We became fast friends, and among our adventures over the years was his contribution to TOCreview magazine of a great book review of Malcolm Gladwell's "The Tipping Point".

As March 2008 draws to a close, and I return to consulting full-time via WWW.THROUGHPUT.US (TPU), I wounder where I would be without mentors like Ed McCullough. No, that is wrongheaded thinking.

I wonder where I will be this time next year because of mentors like Ed.

Allow me to share this one thought: I will be spending a lot more time exploring this "manifestation" concept.

Thanks Ed. Your friendship is worth slightly more to me than all the gold on planet Earth. Here is but a simple toast:

"To manifestation. May we both experience a hundred-fold return."

-ski

----
Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah
Throughput.us LLC
(330) 432-3533

P.S. If you have not viewed it before (or, like me, you just want to study the message in greater detail), check out the latest interview that Ed and I did for his Talk of the Town TV program on SKI TV.


©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus