Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tenth Tenet

Tenth Tee at Harbour Town on Hilton Head Island, SC Ever wonder why professional golfers have caddies? SKI's Tenth Tenet: "Two heads are better than one" Common sense, right? I talk about the power of a SME (subject matter expert) and Constraints Management Jonah teaming up to turbocharge results. But it is more than just good horse sense... The great golfers know when to ignore their caddy. I often wonder if I too, made my book to easy to discount. In Purple Curve Effect, we talk about Eli Goldratt and his world wide best seller, The Goal. The fact that once read, a lot of otherwise smart people put the book down, and go about their business. It is too good. Well, my book is not too good. But it is the best guide I know for accomplishing one's dreams, regardless the mission. And I have read a lot of books. Some great ones. Like Jim Collins' Good to Great (actually, I have it on CD-ROM and my iPod, not in book form). And some not so great... but regardless, I can usually find at least one nugget to justify the purchase. But I digress... Having trouble making this tenth tenet seem profound? Better buy my book! Or attend the workshop next month. They will even improve your golf game! Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.ThroughputPress.com
blog comments powered by Disqus