Thursday, February 15, 2007

Visualize Results

Purple Curve Insight #4:
Consider the Tower of Babel See yourself or your business on the purple curve. Always fixing the weakest link. Blasting past your competition.
In chapter 17, I mention Jack Nicklaus and his ability to the see the perfect shot before he addresses the ball. How good is your vision. No, not your eye sight. Vision: the ability to predict the future. One cannot declare success without knowing what it looks like! Common Sense, right? However, it is very much uncommon. I have owned a number of businesses. Started most of them from a vision of what I thought was needed (find a need, and fill it!), and then rolled up my sleeves. Having trouble? Borrow someone else's vision. Buy a franchise. I did. The Tux Shop. I sold out back in 1980. The business still exists today, on the boulevard in Dover, Ohio. Another key to success, is creating the habits necessary to achieve success. This story bears repeating: I always lock my car door. Always. No matter what. I therefore never have to wonder in the middle of an important meeting (even the ones at Starbucks!) if I locked my car. I have a shiny new Harley V-Rod (all back) in my garage. Why? Because I studied them at great length, for months, maybe even years. Had the brochure; had magazine articles featuring the V-Rod. Many a night, before "calling it a night," I would take one last look at that brochure. I could see myself blasting down the road on my V-Rod. Every chance that arose, I was test riding the V-Rod. My vision created the reality. You must get yourself into a position from which you can succeed. Life is that simple. That difficult. Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.ThroughputPress.com P.S. Hope to see you at Daytona Beach Bike Week! tag: (c)Copyright 2007, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus