Saturday, October 01, 2011

Bad Girl Ventures


Bad Girl Ventures - Cleveland

Yet another outreach of Main Street Startups is gaining traction as SKI connects them to BGV. Here is the short version:

I meet Dar Caldwell at LaunchHouse, he invites me to present at 6ixth City Tech Fest at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. At the event, colleague Ron Finklestein points a vendor booth at the event featuring a nonprofit incubator for women launched businesses called "Bad Girl Ventures." Seems they are branching out into Northeast Ohio.

Waiting to do my presentation, I hear Candace Klein pitch her business. Bad Girl Ventures. Amazing. And, they have partnered with LaunchHouse. So, I send out a few tweets during the event. Later, I forward the web site to all my female colleagues in the startup space. 

A week or so ago I heard that one of my colleagues shared BGV with a relative, and they had applied.

Yesterday, I hear that startup is advancing in the competition towards funding.

That's what we do up on Main Street: we help advance the dreams of our colleagues.

True, there are no guarantees in life. Somewhere I have a book titled, "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster." But I would suggest that those giving back to the community are making a difference. 

Got an idea for a better mouse trap? Let's talk.


blog comments powered by Disqus