Wednesday, February 03, 2010

RhinoGATOR gets Visual Effects nod for an Oscar

82nd Oscars
Photo by Alan Light
Caller id: "Identity Blocked by Caller" To answer? Or not answer? That is the question when one is unemployed and the calls from collection agencies outnumber your (former?) friends by at least an order of magnitude. Maybe two. "It's great day, Jeff here." "Is this Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, founder and Chief Technologist at the Job Board RhinoGATOR dot com?" Indeed it is... although it takes a lot of energy to stop myself from correcting the caller and pointing out that our application is more of a "Job Search Tool" (also known as a Job Aggregator; to which most people simply say, "What ever"). My mind races ahead to the fact that RhinoGATOR is fully funded and debt-free after almost a year of operations, culminating in the public roll out on December 17, 2009. So it cannot possibly be a bill collector. But I digress... "Yes. How may I help?" "This is Steve Jobs and I am calling for The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. RhinoGATOR has been nominated for Visual Effects this year. By the way, slick move launching before the end of the year, so you could make this year's Oscars nominations." Well, first, I must admit some disbelief. But then I wonder if he knows that I borrowed that move from his release of the original Apple Mac commercial, "1984" which he aired the last day of December 1983. If this is thee Steve Jobs, he knows that I know. He absolutely knows. So, I try to get some composure, "Yea, right. Who is this, really? Who put you up to this? Crazy Willie?" "Yes." D'oh! Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Founder www.RhinoGATOR.com (843) 564-4754 ©2010 Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus