Monday, August 03, 2009

Dreamer 1st Class

SKI's 1st Turismo Cycles Custom American ProStreet If you can dream it As I have said on many (many!) occasions, "How you gonna have a dream come true, if you don't have a dream?" Of course, I was not the first to observe this truism. But that does not make it any less true. If you are a struggling entrepreneur, then there is one book above all that you need to own. Own? Sorry, that is not strong enough. There is one book that you should buy, read, study, and make the ideas contained therein your own: Purple Curve Effect (Item# PCE-111). As I finished writing it on a "freedom run" to Ft. Lauderdale in the winter of 2003/2004 on an old Kawasaki Vulcan, I shared one of my dreams in the book:
If your goal was starting a custom v-twin motorcycle manufacturing company, can you see yourself riding that new cruiser in front of the press at your grand opening? I can. In fact, that is a goal of mine, but one that I decided to hold back for at least the next 90 days. But v-twins are in my blood. My great grandfather, Geo. E. Buss, was one of the first 200 Harley-Davidson dealers in America. He had a store on the square in New Philadelphia, Ohio, in 1911. I had a location for my Tux Shop one-half block off that same square sixty-six years later!
Guess what? It took slightly longer than 90 days. As you can see in this slide show, it was not until Sturgis 2005 that my Turismo Cycles Custom 2006 American ProStreet was ready to rock and roll. And that vision of riding it in front of the press fell a little short. I had to settle for cruising on it at Sturgis among 500,000+ other bikers. Which is where this photo was taken. SKI at Sturgis in 2005 During my consulting at Red Horse Motorworks I had the privilege of test riding forty or more custom bikes. ProStreet and Choppers. Right and Left hand drive bikes (mine was RHD). Fat tired and not so fat. Which allowed me to craft the "best of the best" for my own scooter. Result: This beauty you see here. MSRP $29,790 complete with a HD TwinCam 88" So what? The material in my book works. Period. In fact, I just received another great review from another dreamer. Someone that I was congratulating on their accomplishment and trying to encourage to "take it to the next level":
"First of all, I want to thank you for the book. I thoroughly enjoyed the shaded boxes with you and Thayer's comments. I felt as though you were both in the room having a conversation in front of me. Very clever and engaging! I actually read through it last night already! I thought it was magnificent. For two reasons: 1) it made sense to me and 2) it was written in a style that was easy for me to understand." "I know how to work hard and go after things. The seven tips are realistic and things that can be put into practice immediately. I had already done the first two—writing down a goal and making a list. I am a list person! I love to check things off!" —VG
So, what are you waiting for?
Oh yea, your mileage may vary. But I am as close as your computer. Just in case you need a swift kick... Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey ski@throughput.us P.S. What dream are you working on? (c)Copyright 2009, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus