Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Great post by Dr Lisa Lang



Maximizing Profits

This is a great post by one of the leaders in throughput, Dr Lisa Lang of the Science of Business. I had this exact scenario unfold at client site a number of years ago.

Within a week I had determined the weakest link (push distribution model), but was not permitted to address the constraint. During my brief engagement, I explained that certain products did better in one of the outlets, than others. I explained that if we were playing a team sport, there would be more passes to the "open player" so to speak (given that basketball is wrapping up another season).

Not gonna happen in most companies.

Why?

I get measured on my store, not the whole company's performance.

Too bad.

Game over.

-ski

P.S. Need help improving your throughput? You have my number!

----
Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah
www.linkedin.com/in/consultski
Hilton Head Island, SC | Las Vegas, NV
Phone: (330) 432-3533

tag:
©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus