Monday, June 18, 2007

Terry Semel Out



Yahoo! CEO Terry Semel gone

Yahoo! owes Semel a lot. He was the man of the hour when they needed him. If Semel is guilty of anything, it is not getting his benefit packaged aligned to the new goals that were required some six to eight months ago.

"Tell me how you will measure me,
and I will show you my performance."

The board is more at fault for the huge payouts to Semel that did not reflect the leadership that Yahoo! required over the last few quarters, than its CEO. Yea, Semel should have been more pro-active (or so it appears from the limited information available to the public) in getting the carrots matched to the proper sticks... but he did not.

I doubt we will see him sleeping on any park benches anytime soon.

-ski

tag:
(c)Copyright 2007, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey.
All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus