Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bring the Passion

Ball girl makes amazing catch How serious are you about your work? Anyone following baseball ever so slightly (as I do), has heard the expression, "Bring the heat!" Now, consider, "Bring the Passion." If you are in business for yourself, you simply have to love this clip. She gets my vote for MVP and she isn't even on the team! You cannot pay someone enough to bring this kind of enthusiasm to work... you might not even have this much energy yourself, for your own business. Why not? Having recently read Josh Waitzkin's book, The Art of Learning (and re-renting the movie about his early chess days), I was reminded of his fishing trip before the last scene of the movie. It is where he realizes (and his teacher confirms) that he cannot beat the kid expected to win the tournament. If you have not watched Searching for Bobby Fisher recently, may I suggest you do so? I guess I just did! The rounds of speed chess in the park were as important to Josh's growth as the "book learning" his teacher was spoon feeding him. The edge in that final match (of the movie) came down to passion. Creative energies. I wrote a ton in Purple Curve Effect about never giving up. Guess I should have used the "P" word more often! My hat is off to that young lady. Passion What drives you? -ski ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.throughput.us +1 330 432-3533 tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus