Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Velocity —A Business Novel

Velocity: A Constraints Management Biz Novel Velocity by Dee Jacob, Susan Bergland, and Jeff Cox I cannot wait to get my hands on this book. Mostly for the content. But also because I know each of the authors. My respect for the dynamic duo from AGI (Avraham Y. Goldratt Institute) knows no bounds. First, like many, I read The Goal by Eli Goldratt and Jeff Cox. In preparation for writing my own book, I (again like many) reached out to Cox. Who basically replied, "I am writing my own books now and no longer do that sort of collaboration." To which I must admit, made me sad... then mad. He totally missed the message of the book that made him famous. His first, best destiny is that of co-laborer. Ed McMahon made a fortune playing second banana... but I digress. When I attended AGI in 1998 for Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM), I met Dee Jacob. One of those people that has a talent and is not afraid to exploit it! Then, in 2001 I met Susan Bergland at an APICS event in San Antonio, TX when I published the premier issue of TOCreview magazine. Another Constraints Management force that deserves a lot of credit for advancing the art. Again, I look forward to reading this book. The premise is perfect. In fact, it was a pleasant surprise to see AGI endorse this combination of Constraints Management, Lean and Six Sigma. That would never have happened under Eli Goldratt's watch at the Institute. If you don't own this yet, order it today. Semper Fi Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey www.throughput.us/contactSKI (c)2009, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus