Thursday, December 03, 2009

#741 Doing your best is not the answer

Its all about YOU I love the new Star Trek movie Like most Trekkies, I was concerned about a movie going back into the history of Star Trek and Captain James T. Kirk. The possible ways to ruin the experience must have been endless. However, J.J. Abrams pulled off a masterpiece, and I would hope relaunched the cash cow. Doctor McCoy was most impressive. They did an excellent job of bringing his home-spun "down on the farm" approach that made his character memorable to life, on this latest big screen edition. In the classic, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, McCoy delivers a line that I oft repeat (mostly to myself) when confronted by actions of others that simply are so stupid, they make me want to cry.
"My God man! Drilling holes in his head is not the answer." —Dr. McCoy
Suggesting that you are "doing your best" is likewise just as stupid. However, it is even more insane to tell others to "just do your best." Producing results when facing challenges is the true test of leadership. Anything less, dare I say it, "Is not doing your best" ... Semper Fi Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey www.throughput.us/contactSKI (c)2009, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus