Monday, September 08, 2008

ROWE your Business to Success

Cali & Jody on Results Saturday was like Christmas: my copy of Why WORK SUCKS and How to Fix It arrived in the mail! But it would be Sunday before I would have time to even open the packaging. I am not disappointed. When others discover common sense and share their breakthroughs, it makes my life seem more valid. I know, I know. It should not have any bearing on my value, at least not in my eyes. But, guess what? I am human. But please don't let it get around. My daughter has always struggled with exactly what it is that I do for a living. I guess kids have to share that sort of thing with their friends. After the movie Armageddon came out, I told her that I simply, "Think stuff up." As if I work for NASA. Great line Bruce Willis. My freedom (at work) has always been important to me. As I wrote in Purple Curve Effect, upon getting into business (after the U.S. Marine Corps), I looked forward to early retirement. Today, I know better. I have only completed the first chapter (and the preambles) but I am duly impressed. The concept of SledgeSM is most interesting. Putting a face on one of the enemies of productivity is an interesting construct. I look forward to seeing how this works out for getting folks to actually take action on the book. That is always the biggest challenge, right after getting people to buy the book. I look forward to reading the portion where, as they say on the cover, "... the simple change that can make your job terrific." As a consultant (thinking 'stuff' up), my career is really about getting business owners to make changes. Yes, they all say that they want to change. They all know that they must change to achieve their goals, and they all assume that once they see "the light" they will take action. But they don't Not always. Or worse yet, they start down the new path, making great progress, then stop. Look back, and see something that they miss, and turn around. How sad. So it is with much enthusiasm that I look forward to reading more about ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment). Stay tuned for my final evaluation (by week's end). -ski P.S. Maybe sooner... ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah Strategy, Tactics & Execution Dover, OH | Hilton Head Island, SC | Las Vegas, NV Cell: +1 330.432.3533 tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus