Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tribute to IndustryWeek magazine

IndustryWeek magazine Without this magazine... You probably would not know my name. In 1992 they did a review of the 2nd Edition of Eli Goldratt's book, The Goal. Which I read, then found the book in my local library. Read the book over (and over again!), then when Its Not Luck came out, read it over and over. Seems like yesterday while it also feels like a hundred years ago! But it was my brush with Charlie "Tremendous" Jones circa 1982 that gave the discovery of Constraints Management any impact in my life. As you will recall, Jones said:
"Five years from today, you will be the same person that you are today, except for the people that you meet and the books that you read." —Charlie 'Tremendous" Jones
A small number of us (that I know of) have been heralding the return of manufacturing in America. IndustryWeek has picked up on the trend as well. With the value of a sawbuck around five dollars and some change, U.S. Manufacturers should have orders from abroad coming out their ears! If not, time to revisit "free trade" agreements and foreign support. And yes, as Steve Forbes (and others) have been screaming, we need to fix the dollar... but I digress. Hats off to IndustryWeek. -ski P.S. Need help with internal bottlenecks? Strike while the iron is hot! Give me a shout... today. ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.linkedin.com/in/consultski Hilton Head Island, SC | Las Vegas, NV Cell: +1 330.432.3533 tag: ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus