Thursday, February 14, 2008

Faster or Not



I love the business of business. It is rarely dull or boring. However, there is a penalty for taking on too much business. Or trying to rush through the business of business.

How do you approach business?

For me, it is all about relationships. When I launched eDivision dot net in 1998, an eCommerce business with the tag line, "The power behind the Submit Button", I expected my virtual organization would allow me the freedom to never have to meet face to face with a client.

Yes, one of the advantages of our lean structure was the freedom to eliminate the time consuming function of actually engaging the client in person.

How stupid!

Fortunately, light dawned over marble head, and I quickly realized that my business structure provided the freedom to spend almost all of my time with my prospects and clients. An international network of talent, bidding on my various projects, provided the perfect business model for true success. Then comes the events of 911... and I decide "life is too short"... and close eDivision.

Well, after five years of wondering around these United States of America on various motorcycles, spending winters in great places like Ft Lauderdale, Myrtle Beach and Britt, Iowa, I have rejoined the hunt. The hunt for business nirvana.

Success

Due in large part to the connection of Constraints Management gurus that I had met during my adventures at the helm of TOCreview magazine, one of the business ventures funded by eDivision in 2000 and 2001.

Last night one of those gurus, Tony Rizzo, called with a business idea. Tell me that you recall he is the world's leading expert on Project Management. Rizzo was the first to implement multiproject Critical Chain Project Management. His TMx offering could save your business millions, and because your gross annual revenues might only be a couple million dollars, you have already dismissed this fact.

Shame on you

But I digress. The point I want to make, and that I made to Rizzo last night (and many times to him in the last six months), is simple: "Its relationships." Period.

Often we are so close to a given situation, that we cannot see the trees for the forest. We get moving, and moving faster and faster, stuff happens and we loose focus. We loose our ability to maintain focus or to properly select the best focal (or leverage) point.

Shame on us

Today, I seek to help one person at a time. Just one. Yet your reaction may be, "How could that work?" The money you can make from helping just one person, is huge. In part, because everyone you know, knows at least one other person. Every business in America is part of a much larger system. And every country, part of the world's system.

There is an expression in sales that goes something like,

"I do not want to close every sale, just the next one."

Which does in fact imply that you really do want them all! Your answer is simple, in fact they even made a movie about it: Jerry Mcguire. The beginning of the movie shows the creation of a great mission statement: Less is More. Cuba Gooding, Jr. took home the Oscar for his "Show me the Money!" character.

Life is simple. (I did not say easy.)

Want an Oscar? Focus on the money. One client at a time. Solve just one problem. For one person. In one business. And within 90 days, you will be amazed at your throughput. Which I define as "more money in YOUR pocket."

Need help?

Download TMx. Then call me. Do I expect everyone in the world to call? Of course not. I just expect you to call.

Enthusiastically,


Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah
Throughput.us LLC
(330) 432-3533

P.S. I had to pass on Rizzo's latest offer to participate in a new adventure. As I explained, until TMx is used in every business in America, I still have a lot of work to do...


blog comments powered by Disqus