Sunday, June 20, 2010

Driving Results

SKI on Driving Results Are you driving Results or Miss Daisy? This morning I awoke to the remnants of a dream of driving nails... and over coffee tried to make sense of that which seemed weird (at best). I happened (was it really happenstance?) to grab a copy of Selling Power magazine. Which of course contained some good material on producing results. By the way, if you are still using commissions in an attempt to produce lasting results, it won't work. But I digress... From my experiences "driving results" for over twenty years, looking back, the biggest roadblock (repeatedly!) is the power of the "assumption" to stall all forward progress. I see it most every day. Day in and sadly day out. Want to get my attention? Invite me to a project and then tell me we can ignore "this or that" component. It won't work. If it does, it is so "in the face of the odds" that it cannot be duplicated. And, if it cannot be duplicated, then I am not interested. W. Edwards Deming covered this fact [paraphrasing], "Success is 94% the result of your system." No results? No system. Or more likely, the wrong system. If you are a business owner in North East Ohio and would like a shoulder to cry on, get a dog. Looking for some sound (and proven) insights for driving results? Let's talk tomorrow. If you would rather just sell out and move south before winter hits, call me today. Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah (330) 432-3533 www.throughput.us ©2010 Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus