Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Meet Randall Blaum, for Marketing Results

I was wondering about Twitter & LinkedIn So I posted a Q&A on linkedIn:
Does the 80/20 rule hold for Twitter? Would I expect that 20% of my linkedIn contacts are on twitter? Or 80%? Or, should I expect 20% of my twitter contacts are on linkedIn? Or 80%?
But I was more interested in the perception that others have about Twitter. Of course, it should be easy to measure. Simply apply the time necessary to research the facts. For many, Twitter seems like a waste of time. For others, they are making connections that prove valuable. Probably both are true!
I see Twitter as a top-of-the-funnel communications system that is like the proverbial "lick of the ice cream." I have found that if someone follows me on Twitter and likes what they see, read, etc. they tend to follow me me to my blog, on LinkedIn, and then to other product or service sites. Twitter is not a hard sell, but more informational in nature, whereas LinkedIn is all about who does what and how we can work with each other to better our businesses. I can plot a direct path from a newcomer on Twitter to LinkedIn to a sale, but I cannot track many people traveling the other direction. —Randall
Thanks for the best answer Randall Blaum. Looking at your profile, should we connect concerning my Rhino Island Media efforts? You can follow Randall on LinkedIn or Twitter. I do. -ski P.S. It pays to have smart friends. ---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah ski@throughput.us ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus