Sunday, January 04, 2009

Jeff SKI Kinsey and $$boxee at CES

I could use your vote... UPDATE: I lost; here are the winners boxee (the next killer app) is giving away a trip to Vegas and CES this week. They put on a contest for end users to contribute a video promo for boxee ("should be 60 seconds or less" — mine is 59!)... Here is link and voting poll: http://blog.boxee.tv/ces-video-pitches They also asked us to make a "quick pitch" on why we should be picked. Here is my pitch:

Pick me! Pick me!

Link to my boxee promo video:

http://www.vimeo.com/2718287

Quick pitch on “why me?”:

Have been using boxee for about a month and love it. I am on an iMac mini connected to big screen and use a wireless mouse. Going to build a Ubuntu box in a few weeks.

I am an Advanced Toastmaster. Have presented other technical offerings at events around the USA for over 10 years, including Vegas and Reno. Been active in Open Source Software since consulting at Lexis-Nexis in 1996.

-ski

So, if you are of a mind, please visit the site, and check out a few of the videos. Be sure to watch mine, listed #17 Jeff (SKI). If you are comfortable selecting mine, great. Please vote for me.

If not, I understand. We really do want the best of the best representing boxee at CES.

-ski

P.S. The winner will be announced by noon TOMORROW... so, as LBJ was heard to remark, vote quickly and vote often! No, seriously, just one vote per person. Thanks.

---- Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah ski@throughput.us ©2008 Throughput.us LLC. All rights reserved.

blog comments powered by Disqus