Tuesday, November 28, 2006

YAYE

Yet Another Year End What have you accomplished? I ask that myself often... and not just at year end! Some of my projects are coming along nicely... others are, well, not. On a positive note, I have started to put thoughts on paper (electrons on magnetic storage devices, to be more correct) for the Constraintless Personnel book. It is shaping up better than expected. The draft on hiring is a pure work of art... but I digress. And yes, a co-author was located... and you will be pleasantly surprised. Heard of the "Peanut Butter Manifesto"? I am toying with using TOC to analyze what Garlinghouse covered, and then use CMM (Dettmer's Constraints Management Model) to create a strategy to obliterate the competition. However, I hate to expend such efforts without a "payer source" as they say... plus, it might fall into the wrong hands. {grin} I love his comment about the loss of focus at Yahoo. Throughput Press will soon have another book in print... Did I mention that we are actively seeker authors that have a message of value to share? So, as I reflect on the year about to end, I am reminded of what the master of profit, Adrian Slywotzky, wrote in "The Art of Profitability":
"I can give you the complete recipe for the secret sauce [to success], and the chances are good that you still won't use it." --David Zhao
What did you do this year? Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah consultSKI@yahoo.com www.SKIconsulting.biz
blog comments powered by Disqus