Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Heritage PGA stop at Hilton Head Island

Official Verizon Heritage Web Site At this moment in time, the results for this year's event have not been posted. However, the Island Packet has coverage online, including stats for winner Aaron Baddeley. What a great event. And the weather was perfect! I was talking with Ed McCullough earlier in the week, last week, and he suggested that I come down and help his Rotary club man their concession stand. I did; maybe you bought something from me on the eighth green? Well, the crowds were gone from our concession booth in time for Ed and I to catch the last two groups as they played in from the 16th. Amazing. Now, I see how it is supposed to be played! A few years ago I played Harbour Town. What a treat. You cannot imagine how small that 18th green is, until you see it up close and personal! No surprize that some of the long-ball hitters pass on the Heritage most years... as I recall, Harbour Town is the shortest and tightest course on the PGA. I did not have my camera with me, but yesterday before leaving, I went to the Marriott (one of my favorite spots on the island, especially for breakfast at sunrise!) and took these photos... Hilton Head Island Ocean Photos Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey
blog comments powered by Disqus