Sunday, January 21, 2007

Nicholas Boothman

how to Connect in business in 90 seconds or less I bought this book on December 15, 2002 At the Barnes & Noble on Route 17 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I skimmed it back then... picked it up a time or two since... but finally got around to reading it this past week. Wow! In chapter eight, Nick finds himself at the Cape Times in Cape Town, South Africa. In the midst of a defining moment. He makes a bold claim to his boss, "I could take better pictures than that." He does not even own a camera! Did not know "the first thing about photography!" What are you waiting on? Life to line up in front of your door, perhaps in the form of all green lights, all the way to unlimited wealth? If that does happen for you, please send me a link to your blog! Otherwise, may I suggest you have to "get out there" into the world, and make it happen? Some have said that if you are not growing, then you must be dying. There is no such thing as status quo. Jim Collins and Jerry Porras gave us BHAGs. I offer the Purple Curve Effect. What is your contribution? Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah www.ThroughputPress.com P.S. I recall during the coding of my RMS2WEB (Open Source) app, there were numerous roadblocks to overcome. As I had already publicly made my "I can do better" remark about interfacing to the API of the in house resort management system, all that was left to do, was to just do it. tag: (c)Copyright 2007, Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus